Dr. Robert Gilbert received his veterinary education in South Africa at the University of Pretoria. He spent time in private practice and corporate practice (artificial insemination) before returning to the University for post-graduate study. He later completed a residency in theriogenology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison before returning as a faculty member to the University of Pretoria (Onderstepoort). From 1988 through 2016 he served on the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University, where he also held various administrative positions. He joined Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2016.
- Cheong SH, SaFilho OG, Absalon-Medina VA, Schneider A, Butler WR, Gilbert R. O. (2017 ). Uterine and systemic inflammation influences ovarian follicular function in postpartum dairy cows. PLoSOne, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0177356
- Dockweiler JC, Cossic B, McDonough SP, Fubini SL, Le KM, Donnelly CG, Gilbert R. O, Cheong SH. (2017). Tumor collision of uterine adenocarcinoma and leiomyosarcoma in a goat. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, https://doi.org/10.1177/1040638717705411.
- Jenna C. Dockweiler, Soon Hon Cheong, Gilbert, R. O. (2017). Perineal laceration following obstructive dystocia in a bitch. Clinical Theriogenology, 9(1), 77-80.
- Lindsay F. Goodale, Soren Hayrabedran, Krassimira Todorova, Roumen, Roussev, Sivakumar Ramu, Christopher Stamatkin, Carolyn B. Coulam, Eytan, & R. Barnea, Gilbert. R. O. (2017). PreImplantation factor (PIF) protects cultured embryos against oxidative stress: relevance for recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) therapy. Oncotarget, 8(20), 32419-32432. doi:DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.16028
- Cheong, S. H., Castillo Herrera, J. M., Dockweiler, J. C., Donnelly, C. G., Sones, J. L., Ellerbrock, R. E., Gilbert, R. O., Diel de Amorim, M. (2019). Efficacy and outcome of foaling augmented with oxytocin using mammary calcium and pH criteria to guide the timing of augmentation. Anim Reprod Sci, 202, 87-95. doi:10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.02.002
- Donnelly, C. G., Sones, J. L., Dockweiler, J. C., Norberg, L. A., Norberg, L. E., Cheong, S. H., & Gilbert, R. O. (2019). Effects of flunixin meglumine on postponement of ovulation in mares. Am J Vet Res, 80(3), 306-310. doi:10.2460/ajvr.80.3.306
- Gilbert, R. O. (2019). Symposium review: Mechanisms of disruption of fertility by infectious diseases of the reproductive tract. J Dairy Sci, 102(4), 3754-3765. doi:10.3168/jds.2018-15602