Dr. Mary Mauldin Pereira was born and raised in South Carolina and is a Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) graduate. Mary is currently an Associate Professor of Clinical Communication in the Department of Clinical Sciences at RUSVM and is committed to preparing students to become members and leaders of the veterinary professional healthcare team. Her research interests include novel teaching methodologies, clinical reasoning skills, virtual learning environments and parasitological diagnostic methods. In addition to her teaching and research, she is devoted to serve and advance animal welfare internationally. Mary is the founder and President of One Love Pets, a nonprofit organization that provides parasite prevention and treatments to animals in need worldwide and offers community outreach regarding the importance of parasite control. Mary also serves as Vice-Chair on the board of directors for the Basseterre Animal Rescue Centre (BARC), which will be the first animal shelter on the island of St. Kitts.
- Mauldin Pereira, M., Artemiou, E., Conan, A., Köster, L., Cruz-Martinez, L. “Case-Based Studies and Clinical Reasoning Development: Teaching Opportunities and Pitfalls for First Year Veterinary Students.” Medical Science Educator, 2018. 28(1), 175-179.
- Mauldin Pereira, M., Artemiou, E., McGonigle, D., Conan, A., Sithole, F. and Yvorchuk-St Jean, K. “Utilizing the Virtual World of Second Life in Veterinary Medicine: Student and Faculty Perceptions.” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 2018. DOI 10.3138/jvme.1115-184r4
- Nibblett, B., Mauldin Pereira, M., Sithole, F., Orchard, P. and Bauman, E. “Design and validation of a 3D printed flexible canine otoscopy model.” Simulation in Healthcare. 2017 DOI 10.1097/SIH.0000000000000227
- Ketzis, J., Shell, L., Chinault, S., Pemberton, C. and Mauldin Pereira, M. “The prevalence of Trichuris spp. infection in indoor and outdoor cats on St. Kitts.” The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries. 2015, DOI 10.3855/jidc.5778
- Nibblett, B., Mauldin Pereira, M., Sithole, F. and Williamson, J. “Validation of a model for teaching canine fundoscopy.” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 2015, DOI 10.3138/jvme.1014.100R
- Mauldin Pereira, M., Snowden, K., Little, S. and Krecek, RC. “Parasitological procedures, skills and areas of knowledge used by small animal practitioners in North America.” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 2014, DOI 10.3138/jvme.0114-007R.
- Mauldin Pereira, M., Yvorchuk-St Jean, K., Wallace, C. and Krecek, RC. “Assessment of a novel method for teaching veterinary parasitology.” Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 2014, DOI 10.3138/jvme.0713-094R.
- Mauldin Pereira, M., Artemiou, E., McGonigle, D., Köster, L., Conan, A., Sithole, F. “Second Life and Classroom Environments: Comparing Small Group Teaching and Learning in Developing Clinical Reasoning Process Skills” Medical Science Educator. 2019. DOI 10.1007/s40670-019-00706-4