Kerry graduated from Edinburgh University and worked in small animal practice for two years before returning to Edinburgh. She gained her certificate in Veterinary Cardiology and PhD in 2004 and in 2010, passed her Feline Medicine Australian College of Veterinary Scientists Fellowship examinations. Gaining this diploma level qualification made her eligible to apply for Specialist status with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. In 2014 Kerry gained her European diploma in Companion Animal Medicine and became a European Specialist. She then worked at a private referral hospital in Bristol for 3 years before joining Ross University in January 2019.
- King, J; Martin, M; Ferasin, L; French, A; Strehlau, G; Seewald, W; Smith, S; Swift, S; Roberts, S; Harvey, A; Little, C; Chetboul, V; Caney, S; Simpson, K; Sparkes, A; Mardell, E; Bomassi, E; Muller, C; Sauvage, J; Diquélou, A; Schneider, M; Brown, L; Clarke, D; Rousselot, J. (2019). Evaluation of benazepril in cats with heart disease in a randomized, blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine,Sep 27. doi: 10.1111/jvim.15572.
- O'Halloran C, Del-Pozo J, Breheny C, Gunn-Moore D, Dobromylskyj M, Papasoulitis K, Simpson K, Henken J. Unusual presentations of feline cowpox. Vet Rec. (2016) 29;179(17):442-443.
- Gow DJ, Garceau V, Pridans C, Gow AG, Simpson KE, Gunn-Moore D, Hume DA. Cloning and expression of feline colony stimulating factor receptor (CSF-1R) and analysis of the species specificity of stimulation by colony stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) and interleukin-34 (IL-34); Cytokine: (2013) 61(2):630-8.
- Bennett AD, McKnight GE, Dodkin SJ, Simpson KE, Schwartz AM, Gunn-Moore DA. Comparison of digital and optical hand-held refractometers for the measurement of feline urine specific gravity.J Feline Med Surg: (2011) 13(2):152-4.
- Novellas R, Simpson KE, Gunn-Moore DA, Hammond GJ. Imaging findings in 11 cats with feline dysautonomia.J Feline Med Surg: (2010) 12(8):584-91.
- Simpson KE, Gunn-Moore DA, Shaw DJ, French AT, Dukes-McEwan J, Moran CM, Corcoran BM. Pulsed-wave Doppler tissue imaging velocities in normal geriatric cats and geriatric cats with primary or systemic diseases linked to specific cardiomyopathies in humans, and the influence of age and heart rate upon these velocities.J Feline Med Surg: (2009) 11(4):293-304
- Gunn-Moore DA, Simpson KE, Day MJ Blood types in Bengal cats in the UK.J Feline Med Surg: (2009) 11(10):826-8.
- K Simpson, BC Devine, B Corcoran, R Woolley, A French. Timing of Left Heart Base Descent in Dogs with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Normal Dogs Veterinary Radiography and Ultrasound: (2008) 49(3):287-294