Dr. Hilari French is a third generation veterinarian, following in her father and grandfather’s footsteps into the profession. She attended the School of Veterinary Medicine at Louisiana State University and received her DVM in 2009 and PhD in 2011. She then moved to the University of Illinois and completed a large animal theriogenology residency as well as a second residency program for the Food Animal Practice of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners. She joined the American College of Theriogenologist in August 2014 and the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in October 2015. She is an Associate Professor of Theriogenology and teaches in both the Theriogenology and Large Animal Medicine courses at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Dumas, S. E., French, H, S. N. Lavergne, C. R. Ramirez, L. J. Brown, C. R. Bromfield, E. F. Garrett, D. D. French and B. M. Aldridge. (2016). Judicious use of prophylactic antimicrobials to reduce abdominal surgical site infections in periparturient cows: part 1 - a risk factor review. The Veterinary record, 178, 654-660.
- Samper J. C., S. M. S., French H. M. Chapwanya A. (2016). Post-breeding inflammation in mares after insemination with large and low doses of fresh or frozen semen. Pferdeheilkunde, 32, 24-26.
- Elisabeth Rink, Karin R. Amilon, Cristina L. Esteves, French, H., Elaine Watson, Christine Aurich and F. Xavier Donadeu. (2017). Isolation and characterization of equine endometrial mesenchymal stromal cells. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 8(166).
- French, H. M., Dascanio, J. D., Peterson, E. W., Gilbert, G. E., Wright, C. C., Wickman, D. D., & Bauman, E. B. (2017). Development and Student Evaluation of an Anatomically Correct High-Fidelity Calf Leg Model. J Vet Med Educ, 1-5. doi:10.3138/jvme.0916-143r1
- French, H. M., Dascanio, J. J., Gilbert, G. E., & Robinson, J. Q. (2017). Bovine Reproductive Palpation Training: Does the Cow Make a Difference? J Vet Med Educ, 1-5. doi:10.3138/jvme.1116-172r
- KE Coker, JJ Lim, RL Schleisman, C Vosloo, HM French, JS Samper, JJ Callanan, RO Gilbert, F Sithole, C Yao, A Chapwanya. (2018). Freedom of Tritrichomonas foetus infection in St Kitts cattle. Journal of Tropical Animal Health and Production 50(9). DOI: 10.1007/s11250-018-1537-3
- Hughes E, Ambrosia A, Gilbert RO, French H. (2018) Hemorrhagic Anovulatory Follicle in a Tropical Jenny. Clinical Theriogenology 10(2).
- Aurich, C., Rink, E., Watson, E., Donadeu, X., French, H. (2018). Reproductive stage and sex steroid hormone levels influence the expression of mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC) markers in the equine endometrium. Theriogenology, In Press.
- Donadeu, F. X., Rink, E., French, H., et al. (2018). The fate of autologous endometrial mesenchymal stromal cells after application in the healthy equine uterus. Stem Cell Development
- Peterson E, Roberts B, Cameron-Blake N, Gilbert RO, French HM. (2018) Lactation Anestrus in Caribbean Donkeys. Clinical Theriogenology 10(4).